For the most up-to-date information please visit granvilleisland.com or admin.granvilleisland.com:
This memo contains updates on public installations, events and tenant activations occurring in public space, June 30th-July 12th.
Beanstalk Bistro – Outdoor Activation – July 3 – September 6
Saturday & Sundays 12pm-4pm
Beanstalk Bistro of the Kids Market will be set up outside in the Plaza next to the duck pond, behind the Kids Market every weekend until the end of August, with an outdoor pop-up vending tent.
Boca Del Lupo Fishbowl Extension - Plays2Perform@Home
June 30 - September 6 Wednesday to Saturday
1398 Cartwright St
Boca Del Lupo will have a small retail expansion of the Fishbowl in the Waterfront Theatre parking lot for the summer months. Plays2Perform@Home is a script “Box Set” that can be ordered online and delivered to your home (mail order theatre) or picked up from The Fishbowl on Granville Island.
Updated Reserved Parking:
- June 30-September 7 (2) Spaces in front of The Fishbowl at 1398 Cartwright St
- June 7th - July 11th, 2021: Wed-Saturday all of Waterfront Theatre lot will be closed to vehicle traffic. Pedestrian and bike traffic will be unaffected.
TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival June 25th-July 4th
The TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival returns to Granville Island June 25th-July 4th with one outdoor stage at Ocean Art Works, 1531 Johnston St and one indoor stage at Performance Works. Due to the recent steps forward on the BC Restart Plan, Coastal Jazz and Blues will be able to host in-person audiences at Ocean Art Works and Performance Works.
- Ocean Art Works will have two 60-minute concerts each day June 25-July 4th, at 12pm and 1:30pm. Sound checks will occur daily between 10am-12pm.
- Fencing will be installed around the perimeter of the pavilion and adjacent courtyard.
- Pedestrian traffic on Johnston St will be affected periodically throughout the time period.
- The loading zone in front of Ocean Art Works will not be affected.
- Two signage towers will be installed in the Public Market Courtyard and Island Plaza. There will be a speaker inside that will play `Sounds of the Jazz Fest` for staff and visitors to enjoy.
- Performance Works will have two shows a day 2:30pm and 8pm
The following parking spaces will be reserved for the event.
- June 24 – July 6: (4) Spaces in front of Performance Works
- June 21 - July 7: (4) Spaces in front of 1402 Anderson on East Anderson St.
Tenant Activations & Parking Closures - July 1st
Lee`s Donuts will have an outdoor pop-up vending tent set up in Triangle Square 9am-7pm
- All parking spots including the accessible stall on the north side of the Net Loft will be reserved to provide additional pedestrian space between the Net Loft and Public Market
Lobster Man will extend their patio west into Mast Tower Lane for their annual Canada Day Lobster Boil – 10am-4pm
- (3) Parking spaces will be reserved in front of Lobster Man -1807 Mast Tower Lane
New Works Summer Dance Series July 6-8 & July 11:
New Works Performance Society will be hosting four free outdoor dance & music performances on Sunday July 11.
Picnic Pavilion, 11:30am & 12:30pm (Rehearsal Dates July 6-8 10am-3pm)
Performance Works Outdoor Stage: 1pm & 1:30pm
The following spaces will be reserved/affected:
July 6-8 & 11: (4) Parking spaces in the Waterfront Theatre Lot.
- The entire lot will already be closed on June 6-8, these (4) spaces will be reserved again on Sunday July 11th
- July 11: (4) Reserved Parking Spaces in front of Performance Works
- Picnic Pavilion will be closed to the public July 6-8 and July 11th